Macros can be used to perform simple repeated tasks. The idea is similar to macros in other Office applications.
Onetastic ships with several macros, ranging from very simple to very complex to demonstrate the capabilities. The good thing is, using Macro Editor, you can inspect those macros, play with them and modify them, and start building your own macros. You can also easily share the macros you build with other users.
MacrolandMacroland is a place where you can download macros other than the ones that comes built-in with Onetastic. Check it out here and start downloading macros. You can also upload your own macros to Macroland. See this post for more information. Here are some of the macros you can download from Macroland:
Search & ReplaceOne of the most used macros in Onetastic is Search & Replace:
Table of ContentsOther most popular macros include a set of table of contents macros that can create table of contents for a notebook, a section or a page (using heading styles). See more at Macroland.
Excel like Functions in TablesFunction macro allows you to apply function operations like in Excel: See more info at this blog post.
Macro EditorYou can build macros using the built-in Macro Editor: To learn more about macros, check out the tutorials below.
Related Blog Posts
- Extending possibilities with Macros
- Function macro
- Macro Tutorial
- Macro Tutorial - Inserting Text
- How to Set up Shortcuts for Macros
- Macros beyond Current Page and Macroland, a repository for Macros
- Built in Functions, New Operators and Lots of Fixes
- Upload your Macros to Macroland
- New Macros for Changing Case and Dimming Tags
- New and Updated Macros - Word Count, Insert Monthly Calendar
- Search and Replace Everywhere - Now supporting current section, current notebook and all notebooks
- Sort Everything by Anything